Search This Blog

5.7.10

BOOK OF THREE RINGS-POEM 3

THE SEX-DREAMS OF CLAUDIUS AND GERTRUDE

He gets the shakes when she’s close,
her beauty burns his eyes.
Clarity of fire within the green!

She parts her lips-he almost faints.
What arid fumes arise
when the book-spine cracks?

She seizes him in her white arms!
Her breasts are stirred and flecked!
She lands on him like Zeus on Leda!

The red skeins in her hair weave tales
of wildness and of chaos.
The sea is sounding in his shell.

She reaches up and is revealed:
A Selkie and a Siren,
smooth as dew-kissed moss.

Her dusky peaches softly glow,
he holds one in each hand.
Such surprising balance!

Within the blessing of the grove,
by a yielding forest pool,
he reaches deep inside

And throws:

His beating heart all bloodied at
her feet of slippered clay
and shouts his plea through grit:

Queen of the Night! Let me be the one
you’ll take to your chamber of gold.
That very secret, sacred space.

Cut me with your flinty knife!
Drain me of my blood!
And I will frame your hidden moon,

And stand where your husband stood.

4 comments:

  1. what’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & help other users like its aided me. Good job. click over here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! Scottsdale diamonds

    ReplyDelete