BOOK I'M READING:
'INTO AFRICA' By Sam Manicom-Great conversational style by a very gentle motorcycle adventurer giving a warts and all description of his first ride into this crazy, beautiful continent.
BEST BLOG POST I'VE READ: Without doubt it has to be Tom Allen's post on being a nomadic creative. A superb share on the meaning of life and work and the best thing I've read this year. Highly recommended.
BEST RESOLUTION: 50 DAY NO ALCOHOL CHALLENGE- DAY 27! Easy peasy! But why do we drink so much and so regularly? Other things are that it complicates life so much. For example:
- It's ridiculously expensive unless it's absolute gut rot.
- It's incredibly heavy to carry. Alcohol weighs a ton!
- You can't buy it when the shop is shut. Stress etc...
- It has millions of calories and most of us drink right up to just before bed. Isn't that dumb?
- It gives you a massive floppy belly!
- You can't actually drive or ride anywhere after drinking because it's not safe.
- You can end up having sex with people you really don't like, and fighting with people you do! Then you don't even remember it!
- Drinking too much alcohol is like whacking your fragile brain a ton of times with a stick.
- It dulls your senses. Alcohol is for enduring the pain of a meaningless life, not transforming it.
- Too much of it, too regularly, is really, really bad for your health.
- A bottle of good wine with a meal is pretty cool.
- Going to the pub with your mates occasionally can be great fun.
- Some very fine whisky and cognac can transport you to some far off internal place.
- Getting completely pissed occasionally in a safe environment can be actually quite fun...initially!
- A good cocktail can be like meeting an interesting person.
- Sometimes, just occasionally you really need to whack yourself over the brain with a big wet fish!
- Sometimes you need help to endure the pain of a meaningless life because you're just out of juice!
Bowie is gone! His final album 'Blackstar' is great and strangely prescient.
PODCASTS I'M LISTENING TO:
The Tim Ferris Show-can be slightly infuriating sometimes but overall is very useful.
Adventure Motorcycle Radio-I love this podcast. Highly recommended if you are into independent travel.
The Daily Evolver-A great introduction to all things integral.
AUDIOBOOK I'M LISTENING TO:
'Spiral Dynamics Integral' by Don Beck. I love it but then, I'm weird.
FAVOURITE QUOTE AT THE MOMENT: Under construction!
ESSENTIAL PRACTICE: Daily meditation/ Keeping my Journal/ Minimum 20 minutes daily exercise/ Salute to the Sun/ KEEP IT MINIMAL!
RELEVANT PHOTO OF THE YEAR...SO FAR!
THINGS COULD GET SPOOKY IN 2016! BE PREPARED!